Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Bruins v. Leafs Game 3

Bruins v. Leafs Game 3 Thoughts

The top line has arrived. Lucic-Krejci-Horton has carried this team offensively, and it couldn't have come at a better time. I have complained all year about Lucic and Horton, saying they should look to move Lucic in the offseason, and that they should let Horton walk as a UFA. It's still early in the playoffs, but so far I am eating crow. 


There are negatives from this game that I could get into, but honestly that was a damn good hockey game. The Leafs are not just some jamokes off the street. They are a good hockey team that was better than a lot of teams in the NHL. They shouldn't just roll over like in game 1. On the other hand, the Bruins are just flat out better. I don't think the Bruins were at their best last night, 2nd line hasn't produced, and there are a few too many odd man rushes.

Even so, the Bruins were clearly the better team. I didn't see game 2 because I was driving home from school, but it sounded like they sucked. If the Bruins will play like they did in games 1 and 3 then they should wrap this up in 5. How many times have we said "if they play" about this team this year. If they had played to their ability, they would have won the division, and maybe the east. The fact of the matter is that this team has a tendency to fall asleep. If they do that, they will find themselves out of the playoffs

I'm probably gonna bar it up for game 4, and I'm going to game 5, so I might not have long recaps. All I can say, is that I hope the Bruins are playing when I go to LDAC, and I hope I show up in Hawaii hearing about another cup. I'm not holding my breath though. I just hope to be able to enjoy watching a team that leaves it all on the ice every game. If they do that, I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment