Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bruins Thoughts 3/19

 Bruins Thoughts



The only word I can find to describe how I feel about the Bruins at this time is eh. They lack scoring depth, D has been porous more than in the past, and Rask lets in some soft goals. They aren't as physical, or as structured as the past. In spite of this, they are still only 1 point behind Montreal. There are some promising, and not so promising things about this team.



First, the Positives

  • The record. The Bruins are 19-5-3 with 41 pts. They are 1 back from the Habs with a game in hand. If you had told me we would be in the mix for the conference before the year, I would have been happy. But behind the Habs. Fuck the Habs.
  • The real 1st line. Bergeron, Marchand, and Seguin are unfucking believable. These 3 are all rolling right now. Seguin has developed into a more complete player. Still doesn't assert himself the way I want him to, but that may just be a feeling that Bergy is the boss. One concern is Marchand's shooting percentage. At 25%, it is an unsustainable number. He needs to find a way to put more pucks on net because he won't keep scoring at that number.
  • Chara. The best d man in the league, maybe except Ryan Suter. I didn't like how he played early on, but he's back to his dependable ways. 

Not So Positive

  • Consistency. This team has hardly played a 60 minute effort all year. They just don't have the killer instinct from past years. It seems like as Lucic and Horton go, the team goes.
  • Offense is just flat out not good enough. There is no depth scoring on this team. The Krejci line only shows up sometimes. The Peverley line has done jack shit all year. And Merlot shouldn't have to score. The 4th line is no longer the best 4th line in the league, if it ever was. Claude rolling 4 lines doesn't work when you only have 1.5 lines.
  • Ference and McQuaid. The A on Ference's chest stands for awful this year. He's been much better lately, but still, that 3rd d pair has sucked a big floppy donkey dick this year. 
  • Worst of all, choking. This team has been awesome with a lead in the past. This year, they suck the aforementioned donkey dick. What happened? They just don't make plays out of their own zone under pressure. Too often, they respond to a fore check  by chipping the puck off glass, giving up possession. That's ok now and again, but not every fucking time you're in your own end. Its like the prevent defense in football. It only prevents winning. Go ahead and shoot me. I fucking hate that phrase.


Frankly, I just don't feel it with this team. They don't do it for me. They don't have the same intangibles anymore. Their physicality has 2 settings. Infuckingsane where they take stupid penalties, or lethargic and disengaged.

Also, fuck politicians. I was watching C-span today, and was just disgusted. Again, shoot me because I watch C-span. My pathetic life.

Maybe I'll blog some more shit now that I don't have that stupid Don Quixote class anymore. What a horrid book. 
                                                                                                             


No comments:

Post a Comment